Running UE Macro from Scheduled Task in Win 2k3 Server

Running UE Macro from Scheduled Task in Win 2k3 Server

4
NewbieNewbie
4

    Sep 30, 2008#1

    Hello all,

    I have a unique problem that I'm hoping you all have seen before and been able to work through. On one of my Windows 2003 Servers with SP1 I've set up a scheduled task that calls a script that checks for the presence of a file, if it sees the file it calls UE to open the file and run a macro against it (UE <file> /m,e="<macroname>"). The task is set up to run with an administrator level id. If I run the script logged in as the user set in the windows scheduler task, everything runs perfectly. If I log out and the script runs it appears that the script runs normally but the file isn't processed. If I open up task manager I can see numerous copies of UE that started but apparently hung.

    Short summary, scheduled task works fine with user logged in but fails with UE hanging when user not logged in. It sound like a permissions issue but I'm not seeing what I'm missing.

    S,
    @

    6,603547
    Grand MasterGrand Master
    6,603547

      Sep 30, 2008#2

      I'm not sure what happens when UltraEdit is executed from system instead of a user. Which uedit32.ini is used in that special situation?

      What happens if you specify additionally the INI file on the command line which should be used by UltraEdit in this situation.

      UE <file> /i="full name of the ini to use" /m,e="<macroname>"

      The system must have write access to this INI file. Best is to use a copy of your uedit32.ini in the administrator's %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit. All other profile files are already present in this directory and so UltraEdit has nothing to do than update this INI. Best would be to create a copy of your uedit32.ini by the script before running UltraEdit and delete it with the script after UltraEdit has finished.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

      4
      NewbieNewbie
      4

        Oct 01, 2008#3

        Mofi,

        Good call, as always. I set the script to copy the uedit32.ini out of the profile to another location that the admin id had rights to, set the /i= in the UE call, and the script ran fine.

        Thanks for the help and quick response.

        Sincerely,
        @