UE 12: Macros overriding dialog shortcuts

UE 12: Macros overriding dialog shortcuts

Basic UserBasic User

Mar 31, 2006#1

Hi All,

So far UltraEdit 12 is great. :)

One issue that I have noticed however is that when I am using a dialog such as find and replace, the keyboard shortcuts seem to be overridden by macro shortcuts.

When I use find and replace I often use Alt+i to select "Replace Where - Selected Text", but now this executes a macro I have linked to Alt+i.

Is this a bug, a feature, or something I can change? :)

Rob
    :)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 01, 2006#2

Macro hot keys have the highest priority, higher than the key mappings from the configuration dialog, the default built in key mappings of UE and the windows standard key mappings. But they should not be active if a dialog is open.

In UE v11.20b an ALT+letter never executes a function or macro if a dialog is open. During beta phase we detected that the macro hot keys did not work anymore. The developers of UE fixed this before release of UE v12.00 but something must be wrong now because the macro hot keys overrides the dialog hot keys, too. So I would classify this problem as bug.

Please write an email to IDM support to inform the developers about this bug.

Do you really use Alt+i to select option "Selected Text"? I think you have to use Alt+L.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 01, 2006#3

You say Alt+l, I say Alt+i... you say "toe-may-toes" I say "toe-mah-toes" :)

Naturally it is Alt+l.. I mis-type in all the most crucial places. :p

I shall email support now..

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 20, 2007#4

Very good news for StaticGhost and also for me because I have also suffered on this problem introduced with UE v12.00.

In UE v13.00+2 and UES v6.20+2 the problem with macro hot keys active in all dialogs is fixed now.

In most important dialogs like the Find/Replace/Find In Files/Replace In Files dialogs and the Search box in the toolbar this bug was fixed already with UE v12.20 and UES v6.00.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria