Unable to copy whole file as HTML at the same time with UE v24.20 (fixed)

Unable to copy whole file as HTML at the same time with UE v24.20 (fixed)

NewbieNewbie

Jan 29, 2018#1

I use UltraEdit version 24.20.0.51. The function Copy as HTML or Copy as HTML document is not working anymore for a whole file.
    When I used the previous version (I forget the version number), I can copy all source code (R language) in a file as HTML or HTML document, then paste them to Onenote.
    Now, I cannot copy all source code in a file at the same time. I have to copy 400 lines as HTML at one time, then another 400 lines and so on.

How could I solve this problem?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 29, 2018#2

I could reproduce this issue. Copy as HTML works If I select a syntax highlighted block (C code) with up to 20000 ANSI encoded characters, copy this block as HTML and paste the HTML encoded block into a new ANSI encoded file having 69079 bytes after paste. But Copy as HTML does not work if I increase the selection to 20001 ANSI encoded characters in C source code file because pasted into new ANSI encoded file is in this case just:

Code: Select all

<pre style="font-family:'Consolas'; font-size:10pt; color:#ffffff; background:#161616;"></pre>
      The same block limit of 20000 ANSI encoded characters exists in UltraEdit for Windows v24.20.0.51 with the commands Copy as HTML document and Copy as RTF. This limitation was introduced with UE v24.20.0.27. Former versions don't have this limitation according to my tests.

Please report this issue by email to IDM support. This limitation must be fixed in source code of UltraEdit by a developer.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 30, 2018#3

Thanks for the testing.
        I have already reported this bug to IDM support.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 11, 2018#4

This issue is fixed with UltraEdit v24.20.0.62 released on 2018-02-08 according to hotfix information containing the line:
          • Addressed issue with "Copy as HTML" for source files with hundreds of lines
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria