carot sign when inserting using templates

carot sign when inserting using templates

NewbieNewbie

Jul 27, 2006#1

All,

I am having trouble inserting a simple carot sign using templates.
    When i use a single carot sign in a template, it does not get inserted when i click on the template. When i use double carots, a single gets inserted, but the cursor position rests at the carot position and not at the end of the template

In Template: ^
    Inserted: nothing

In Template: ^^
    Inserted: <cursor position>^

In Template: AAAAAA<NEW LINE>BBBBB^^<NEWLINE>CCCCCCCC
    Inserted: AAAAAA<NEW LINE>BBBBB<cursor position>^<NEWLINE>CCCCCCCC

Any idea how i can prevent this ?

regards,
    GN

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 27, 2006#2

It looks like you are the first user who wants to insert the ^ character with a template. As the help about templates explains:
      ^ This indicates the position at which to place the cursor after the template has been inserted.
      UltraEdit always interpretes the first ^ in a template as cursor positioning information and all other ^ in the template as normal characters.

So you really have a problem because you want the cursor after inserting the template with ^ at the end of the template which is currently not possible.

Write an email to IDM support about this issue. For the email address scroll up.

As workaround you could insert this special string with an autoloaded macro which has an appropriate macro hotkey for fast execution/inserting of the text.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria