Can the text size of the find/replace UI box be increased?

Can the text size of the find/replace UI box be increased?

NewbieNewbie

Apr 26, 2019#1

I have trouble sometimes reading the regular expressions in the box especially with a lot of vertically drawn and minimal characters. Is there a setting for it? I'm using size 11 font right now.

I'm using a laptop with a 15.6" display running the native 1920 by 1280 resolution with no rescaling ("100%" in scale and layout Windows 10 control panel).

I tend to keep the box floating in the top right corner of the screen which unfortunately due to the design of the laptop is slightly further from my eyes.

Thanks.
    Ultraedit_Visibility_Difficulty.PNG (32.17KiB)

Grand MasterGrand Master

Apr 27, 2019#2

Sorry, but it is not possible with an UltraEdit setting to change the size of the font used in the multi-line edit boxes of Find and Replace dialog windows.

This font size is controlled by Windows and depends on DPI setting, except special program code in an application overrides for a specific dialog window the Windows defaults by using CDialog::OnSetFont. The technical description can be read on Microsoft articles How To: Layout Controls (C++) (dialog units – DLU) and Using MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2. In general an application should not make use of CDialog::OnSetFont for a dialog as this cause lots of troubles, for example when the monitor changes, the screen resolution changes, or the DPI setting changes. What is good for one user on one screen can be wrong for even same user like on switching displaying device, its resolution or the dots per inch setting.

See also How to Change Default Text Font in Windows 10?
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Apr 28, 2019#3

I see. Truthfully I didn't expect it to be possible but I thought it was worth asking as UE is very extensively customize-able.

It's just part of a compromise coming from running a very high resolution on a very small display and packing a large amount of text on screen.  

Thank you for the excellent answer :-)