Customizing caret cursor in UEStudio

Customizing caret cursor in UEStudio

Feb 06, 2023#1

Hi,

I am looking for a method to make the cursor a thicker block when making it appear as a block, had a look through customizing the theme I am using, but could not find anything; any ideas?

Regards,
    George

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 07, 2023#2

The available configuration settings for the caret can be found all at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Cursor / caret.

The thickness of the vertical bar cannot be customized in the UEStudio settings. That is a general mouse setting of Windows. Click on Windows Start button on using Windows 10 or Windows 11 and type on keyboard mouse settings and click on the suggested item to open Bluetooth & devices > Mouse window. Next click on Mouse pointer to switch to window Accessibility > Mouse pointer and touch. Click here on item Text cursor to switch to window Accessibility > Text cursor. Use the slider of Text cursor thickness to increase the thickness of the vertical text cursor. Well, it is also possible to click on Windows Start button, type on keyboard text cursor and click on the suggested item to open directly the window Accessibility > Text cursor.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Feb 07, 2023#3

Hi,

This works, but has the disadvantage of applying the setting across all programs. I am happy with my current cursor in all Windows and Office programs, just want it to be thicker (sort of like working in an SSH client) only in UEStudio because of my color scheme and the coding where sometimes it is hard to see if you are on the left or the right of a bracket. Would that be possible?

Regards,
        George

Grand MasterGrand Master

Feb 07, 2023#4

The thickness of the text cursor used by UEStudio cannot be customized anywhere in the configuration settings of currently latest UEStudio v2022.2.0.46.

You have to send an enhancement request to UltraEdit support by email if you want such a feature in a future version of UEStudio and the product management of UE/UES rates that enhancement as useful for many users of UE/UES.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria