UltraEdit Portable: JavaScript (UltraEdit) scripts do not run

UltraEdit Portable: JavaScript (UltraEdit) scripts do not run

NewbieNewbie

13:21 - Jun 27#1

It looks like that JavaScript in UltraEdit Portable 2024 do not run. I only get the message "Script succeeded." in the output window. But the script has definitely not run. When I go back to Version 2023 the script works fine. Anyone else has this effect? Or have something changed?

Grand MasterGrand Master

5:01 - Jun 28#2

There are additions to UltraEdit script feature in v2024.0 as it can be read on the UltraEdit latest changes page or in the file changes.txt in the UltraEdit program files folder.

I don't use UltraEdit Portable and cannot verify the issue reported by you for that reason.

I suggest creating an UltraEdit script with name Test.js with just two lines:

Code: Select all

UltraEdit.outputWindow.write("Script was indeed executed.");
      UltraEdit.outputWindow.showWindow(true);
      Run this script. If the output window is shown with the line Script was indeed executed, the script execution in general works. Otherwise report the issue to UltraEdit support by email.

Read my posts on topic No errors with WebView2 if this tiny script is executed fine and your script uses WebView2 engine because of the comment // @Engine=WebView2. It is possible in this case that your script contains a serious syntax error detected by the WebView2 engine before even executing the script and this is the reason why the script is not executed at all. There should be used JavaScript Lint to check the script for general syntax issues in this case. I don't think that this is the cause as UltraEdit v2023.2 should use the same WebView2 engine but I don't know how WebView2 engine support is implemented in UltraEdit Portable.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

5:26 - Jun 28#3

Thank you for your reply. I had already run a similar script for tests. Same problem. No script is running. I think it's a bug. So I write to the support.