Grab saved FTP username/password?

Grab saved FTP username/password?

NewbieNewbie

Jun 10, 2008#1

Is it possible to grab the saved username/password from the FTP account manager for use in a script? I dont want my users to have to re-enter a username/password for an account they already have set up.

MasterMaster

Jun 10, 2008#2

No, it's not possible for a script to interact with the FTP account manager.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 10, 2008#3

jorrasdk wrote:No, it's not possible for at script to interact with the FTP account manager.
        From what I've seen it also doesn't appear to be possible to use ultraedit to grab a password from the user other than typing the password in plaintext in a regular input box. Is this true, or am I missing something?

MasterMaster

Jun 11, 2008#4

No, you are right. UE has only the getString and getValue dialogs. But feel free to send IDM an enhancement request like getString having a third parameter that when true suppresses the entered text like in a password box.

NewbieNewbie

Jun 12, 2008#5

I've submitted an enhancement request that will be looked at by the devs. Conversed with an IDM Service Rep yesterday on the matter.

Jul 09, 2008#6

Just realized I didn't quite give enough info on what my request was for though. Might be helpful to someone searching on the matter. My request to IDM was that they open an API to their FTP client code for scripting purposes. This would allow a scripted connection which could be quite useful for various things (remote file monitoring, a la the local "tail"ing feature), passing site commands to the FTP server for various purposes, etc).