NewbieNewbie

Mar 14, 2005#46

I'd also pay on linux for UE. Reason: Very fast, has column mode, one click upcase/lower case conversion, sort, and other features.

NewbieNewbie

Mar 14, 2005#47

Count me in for one vote too....

As been said by others, I state it again:

column mode
      strong regular expression support
      strong macro support
      conversions between charactersets,upper or lower case etc.
      endless... all the features listed and are mentioned as marketing catches

I *NEED* UltraEdit to have a life with Linux desktops..... Or does that sound too desperatre?? :oops:

NewbieNewbie

Apr 03, 2005#48

I'd just like to add my vote as well.

I'm a user of Ultraedit for a few months now on a Win98 installation under Win4Lin. I've been running Linux for many years.

NewbieNewbie

Apr 05, 2005#49

Just wanted to drop my 10c worth....

I would pay a premium $$$ for UE on linux.
          It is the only thing keeping me from ditching winsucks permanently!

Let it be known to the UE masters- there is a HUGE market for this.

Basic UserBasic User

Apr 13, 2005#50

I have been playing with Linux for about 1 year. During this period, I tried many editors the Linux community has to offer. To name a fiew, Vim, emacs, xemacs, gedit, nedt, kate, SciTE, jEdit (and maybe otheres), but none of them can satisfy my editing need. They either lack some features or are clumsy at user interaction.

I would also be very, very, very willing to pay for UE Linux version.

But, DO NOT MAKE IT OPEN SOURCE!.

Basic UserBasic User

Jul 06, 2005#51

Oh my... I would pay big bucks if UE was ported to linux. I love ultraedit and there is nothing that compares to it.

NewbieNewbie

Jul 28, 2005#52

I've just started a new job where I use linux and I cannot find a full featured gui based editor. I've used Ultredit for years and would definitely pay for a linux version.

NewbieNewbie

Aug 06, 2005#53

I have been using UltraEdit for something like five years. I've gotten two companies to spend a measley $35 (or whatever it is now) for a really good tool. I swear by it. Great stuff.

I'm working in a place now where LInux is a better desktop choice, though I'm holding out on a Windows box with a few others. One of the reasons is that Kate doesn't make me as productive as UltraEdit. Stuck on Windows for one program. The horror.

If another vote for a Linux version of UltraEdit matters to your plans, please count mine.

Basic UserBasic User

Aug 29, 2005#54

... here is another "old" UE-user looking forward to a linux version :lol:

NewbieNewbie

Sep 22, 2005#55

Please, please do it.
                      I'm another entusiastic UltraEdit user, but my desktop is switching to be linux only in very few time (like all the others in my company).
                      The usage of wine it's really annoying.
                      Ian if you're reading this thread make a lot of people happy, do it.

Basic UserBasic User

Sep 28, 2005#56

+100000000

I'll pay whatever the cost to have UE on Linux.

Yea, I know there is another thread on this topic, but I don't care I'm voting here. What is frustrating is I know that the UE Studio must have taken some time to develop, in the long run I bet more money would be made making the standard UE for Linux (even if it can't be ported, start over and copy the functionality found in Windows UE).

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Sep 29, 2005#57

For what I do, mostly Verilog coding with some C++, Emacs has features UltraEdit will never have. Although I still don't like Emacs. It's not about the features, but rather the interface.

Oct 13, 2005#58

hi,
                            please add my vote too. i have an lifetime license for ultraedit. but now i have kicked off windows an could not find anything like ultraedit on linux.

i have a lifetime license, yes. but i will pay a bit extra for a linux license.

PLEEEAASSE :cry:

NewbieNewbie

Oct 15, 2005#59

And one more request!

And I tried several: Nedit, Jedit, beaver, Scite, Emacs, vim/gvim and many more...

Not to offend anyone or start wars but..
                              Nedit? User interface WAY outdated..
                              Jedit? Try opening a really large file..
                              Scite? Buggy, missing features compared to UE..
                              Emacs? Maddening keybindings, jump-ahead scroll, column mode does not compare to UE.
                              vim? Use it all the time for editing config files, perfect. But I cannot think in vi-mode and program at the same time ;-)

The only one I quite liked was Crisp, but it's commercial at a price tag of $250!! Even if UE for Linux were tagged $100 it'd still be MUCH cheaper than that.

PLEASE bring UE to Linux.

+N

NewbieNewbie

Nov 26, 2005#60

My vote too. I fully agree and I hope very much that UltraEdit will be ported on Linux soon.

vote from linomics

Read more posts (91 remaining)