Extraneous words in autocompletion

Extraneous words in autocompletion

NewbieNewbie

Sep 05, 2006#1

I have created an autocompletion.txt file and put there the words I wanted. However, when I hit Ctrl+Space the first line of the pop-up shows a list of extraneous words (several words, usually, separated by spaces). The words in the autocompletion.txt file appear in subsequent lines. For example, if I type "res" and hit Ctrl+Space the first line in the pop-up will be "reset return." How can I prevent these undesired words from appearing in the pop-up?

Thanks for the help.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 05, 2006#2

Some of the IntelliTips configuration settings of UEStudio lets a user customize the auto completion feature a little bit. But in UltraEdit there are only 2 general auto completion options. There is no such option you would need here. In UltraEdit always all possible phrases according to the sources explained in help of UE/UES at article Auto Completion is shown. The priority order of the phrases in the dialog cannot be specified anywhere.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Sep 05, 2006#3

Thanks,

I deleted some portions of the syntax highliting file and things improved. But now I have another problem: some of my words have periods in them. When I type the initial letters and hit Ctrl+Space, one of two things happen: 1) Only the portion before the period appears in the pop-up, 2) The whole word, including what comes after the period, appears in the pop-up.

Any idea on why these two different kinds of behavior coexist?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 05, 2006#4

For this issue a configuration option exists.

Look at Configuration - Editor - Auto-complete - Do not auto-complete structure members (items following "." or "->").

I have enabled this option and never looked further into it.

NewbieNewbie

Sep 06, 2006#5

Thanks for the hint. I am using version 10.20 and I was not able to find the option you mentioned. Under Configuration I have an Edit (not Editor) tab and in that tab the only thing I can do about Autocomplete is to change the file path. The functionality you mention may be available on a newer version, I guess.

FS

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 07, 2006#6

No, this option also exists in previous versions of UE. If I remember correct it must be at the General tab. Best search in the help for this option, then you will know where it is. The name has not changed. The design of the whole configuration dialog has completely changed in v11.00.