Double clicking on a word that contains a non alphanumeric character

Double clicking on a word that contains a non alphanumeric character

NewbieNewbie

Sep 05, 2006#1

When I click on a word or expression that contains a period UltraEdit selects only part of the word. For example, if I click on the "aaa" portion of "aaa.bbb" then only "aaa" is selected.

The behavior when the word contains an underscore is different: if I click on the "aaa" portion of "aaa_bbb" then "aaa_bbb" is selected.

Is there a way to configure UltraEdit to select the whole word in the first case? That is, by clicking on "aaa" I would like to see UltraEdit select the whole of "aaa.bbb"

Thanks for any suggestion.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Sep 05, 2006#2

That's nothing mysterious. It's a Windows standard. Microsoft Word for example uses the same word selecting method. A point is punctuation mark and so will never be a word character.

For more details and how you can select complete "aaa.bbb" with a double click see in help of UltraEdit/UEStudio the topic with the not surprising title Double Click Selections.

If you don't know where the help is: menu Help - menu item Index - tab Index - enter dou and press Enter or Return key or short F1 - dou - enter.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 16, 2006#3

This is a very nice feature, and I have a question about it:
        Is it possible to use a "linebreak" character as a delimiter?

I just need this: when I select a line by double clicking it while holding Ctrl key -- I wish the line was selected without the linebreak. So if, for instance, i delete the selection -- the empty line remains.

So, if it's possible, guys, let me know how to use "linebreak" as a delimiter.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Oct 16, 2006#4

borilio wrote:Is it possible to use a "linebreak" character as a delimiter?
          The line break characters are delimiters for Ctrl+double click. Are you sure that you do not triple click for selecting a line because triple click selects a whole line including the line termination. A triple click is the same as using Edit - Select Line.

As far as I know there is no method to select a whole line without its termination with the mouse. Following auto-loaded macro assigned to a hot key could do that:

Key HOME
          IfColNumGt 1
          Key HOME
          EndIf
          StartSelect
          Key END
          EndSelect
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Oct 19, 2006#5

Mofi wrote:The line break characters are delimiters for Ctrl+double click.
            Yes, indeed!

"I must have been doing something wrong" :)

Thanks for response, Mofi!

You're nice guy.