[Wanted Feature] Launch Finder in UE for Mac

[Wanted Feature] Launch Finder in UE for Mac

NewbieNewbie

Jan 08, 2018#1

Cool! UE18 for Mac arrives.
    Even there are many alternatives editors in Mac, many chances UE is still the handiest editor. 
    However, the first feature when I received the release is to check if it is possible to launch Finder directly in UE like many alternative ones do. Still no luck.  With this feature, it would be easier to manipulate the file operations with Finder. Wish this feature could be in your roadmap. Thanks,

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jan 08, 2018#2

I'm not using UltraEdit for Mac as not having a Mac at all.

Does UltraEdit for Mac not support custom user tools like UltraEdit for Windows?

Why not launching Finder via a custom user tool if UltraEdit for Mac supports also custom user tools?
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jan 08, 2018#3

As the workflow is now common and basic, I think it could be quite useful for most of the users. I also remembered I did some customized scripts before, but I would lose them in a period of time. To customize the tool, therefore, seems to be repeated tasks for me. For now, I seldom maintain the customization of the utilities for myself.

NewbieNewbie

Feb 11, 2020#4

I set up an external user tool to do this however what I'm seeing is that UE opens the Finder however switches the focus back to UE, leaving the finder app behind the UE editor in most cases and I have to switch back to it each time. Is there a way for external tools to not grab the focus back to UE?

Thanks,
          Sanjiv