Where is the UltraEdit application window size stored?

Where is the UltraEdit application window size stored?

NewbieNewbie

Jul 15, 2021#1

How can I set the UltraEdit window size using configuration setting? For example, I would like to start UltraEdit with a window size of 800 * 600 pixels.

I came across this setting, but I am not sure what the values stand for or if I can use it for setting the window size: Open File Window Pos0

Can someone help me?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 15, 2021#2

The UltraEdit application window size on startup is the same size as used on last exit.

The application window position, size and mode are stored with UltraEdit for Windows ≥ v27.00 in file %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\volatile\ue.in0 in section [Settings] with WindowPos=. The last four values are:
      • X position in pixels of top left corner
      • Y position in pixels of top left corner
      • window width in ? - I don't know (DLU - dialog units?)
      • window height in ? - I don't know (DLU - dialog units?)
      It is better to change the window mode to normal on being at the moment maximized, minimized or full screen, then change the application window size to 800 × 600, position the window on screen as wanted and exit UltraEdit to have the appropriate settings stored in the workspace file than hacking the values directly in the file as the values of other windows inside the main application window depend on main window size and position too.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jul 15, 2021#3

Hi,

Thanks but my bad. I am using version 26.20 which the firm approved version. Can you help me with setting the window size to normal in this version?

Also what is the normal window size in terms of pixels?

Grand MasterGrand Master

Jul 16, 2021#4

WindowPos= in [Settings] is in UltraEdit for Windows ≥ v24.00 and ≤ v26.20 in uedit32u.in0 (32-bit UE) or uedit64u.in0 (64-bit UE) in directory %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit.

UltraEdit main window is with 800 × 600 pixels displayed centralized (horizontally and vertically) on a screen with 1920 × 1200 pixels with font size configured in Windows display settings to 100% (96 DPI) in normal window mode by using:

WindowPos=0,1,0,0,-1,-1,560,300,1360,900

That is a very small UltraEdit main application window size.

The default on starting UE v26.20 on my computer with a screen with 1920 × 1200 pixels and my Windows display settings is 1440 × 861 pixels stored in the workspace file with:

WindowPos=0,1,0,0,-1,-1,240,169,1690,970

The default on workspace file .in0 depends on screen resolution of primary screen and display settings as far as I could watch this on starting UltraEdit on different computers with different screen resolutions and display (DPI) settings.
          Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

Jul 16, 2021#5

Thanks you just made my day.