Wrong tooltip for user tools in v12.00

Wrong tooltip for user tools in v12.00

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 23, 2006#1

After upgrading to 12.00, I noticed that the tool tips for my custom toolbar buttons no longer has the proper text. Instead of "Preview in Firefox", for example, it says "User Tool 1". Yet in the Tool Configuration, everything is as it was before the upgrade. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, after upgrading, I now have an unregistered version again, and using my name and code doesn't work. What do I do?

Thanks.

Grand MasterGrand Master

Mar 23, 2006#2

Wrong tooltips: Yes, you are right and I think it is really a bug. I did not see it during beta testing because I start my tools always with a hot key and have no user tools in the toolbar.

I also currently detected a second bug: the Help button in the Tool Configuration does not open the help with the topic "Tool Configuration command" because of a wrong help ID in the program.

Please report both bugs by email to IDM support.

You have to send an email to IDM support because for v12.00 you need a new key. If you have purchased a license for v11 the upgrade (not update) to v12 is free for you and you only have to write in the email your registration name and your authorization key of v11 and IDM will send a new key within a few hours.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

Power UserPower User

Mar 23, 2006#3

JohnJSal wrote:After upgrading to 12.00, I noticed that the tool tips for my custom toolbar buttons no longer has the proper text.
        It's a bug. I've already reported it.

Advanced UserAdvanced User

Mar 23, 2006#4

Thanks for the help guys!

P.S. I did email IDM last night about the registration problem, but no response yet. I think it's pretty ridiculous that there isn't a better method of upgrading. Simply installing the new version over the old and having to re-register? Come on!

Grand MasterGrand Master

Re: Wrong tooltip for user tools fixed in v12.20

Jun 15, 2006#5

Good and bad news!

Good: With UE v12.10a and UES v5.50a the user tools 11-25 and project tools 11-25 are available in the toolbar customization dialog. So no need to edit the *.tfg file anymore manually.

Bad: I have added user tool 11, 12 and 13 to my toolbar for testing. When I move the mouse cursor over one of these 3 tools UltraEdit v12.10a immediately crashes (with the option to create a bug report dump).

I guess, this is still the tooltip bug described at User-defined tools and toolbars in v12. So I still can't advise to use the (project) tools 11-25 from the toolbar. I have sent a bug report mail to IDM.

And the help button in the Tool Configuration dialog in UltraEdit opens still not the correct help page.

Troy from IDM could reproduce both bugs. Hopefully they are fixed in next release.

Edited on 2006-11-04:
            Tooltip bug which caused crashes is fixed in UE v12.20 and UES v6.10.
            Help button error is fixed with help of UE v12.20a and UES v6.10a.

So with UE v12.20a or UES v6.10a it's now safe to add user/project tools 11-25 to the toolbars and run it via their icons.
            Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria