How to change the highlighting color of selected text?

How to change the highlighting color of selected text?

NewbieNewbie

20:09 - Aug 13#1

I'm undoubtedly missing something obvious, but how does one change the highlighting color of selected text in a basic .txt file? I like to use dark mode and the selected text highlight color is dark blue and nearly indistinguishable from the background color of black. It be nice if I could alter it to yellow, but I can't find the dialogue that lets me customize this?

Grand MasterGrand Master

1:53 - Aug 14#2

Open the Manage Themes dialog window by clicking
      • in ribbon mode on eight tab Layout in first group Look and feel on second item Themes,
      • in toolbar/menu mode with contemporary menus in eight menu Layout in third submenu Themes on first menu item Manage themes,
      • in toolbar/menu mode with traditional menus in sixth menu View in second submenu Themes on first menu item Manage themes.
      Select the second tab Editor. There can be configured for the active theme the foreground and background color for Selected text and other general editing colors used in the document window of an opened file.

There is also the configuration setting Disable syntax coloring in selections at Advanced - Settings or Configuration - Editor display - Syntax highlighting.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria