Mouse cursor disappears over UE

Mouse cursor disappears over UE

NewbieNewbie

15:26 - Jul 25#1

My mouse pointer sometimes becomes invisible when I move it over the UltraEdit window. It's visible everywhere else on the screen. The flashing UE typing cursor is visible but the mouse pointer disappears. Shutting down UltraEdit and restarting it fixes the problem, but it happens again, at least once a day.
    UltraEdit 2024.0.0.35 64-bit
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 10.0.22631 Build 22631

Grand MasterGrand Master

20:05 - Jul 25#2

UltraEdit/UEStudio v2024.0 introduced a new feature as written in changes.txt respectively changes_ues.txt:
      • Honor Windows setting to hide cursor (mouse pointer) while typing
      I was not aware of this Windows setting before reading this information and having the same problem as you.

My solution on Windows 11 23H2 was:
      1. Open Settings.
      2. Click in menu on left side on Bluetooth & devices.
      3. Click on right side on Mouse.
      4. Click on right side on Additional mouse settings which opens the Mouse Properties window.
      5. Select the tab Pointer Options.
      6. Uncheck the option Hide pointer while typing.
      The issue with mouse pointer not displayed on being positioned over the UltraEdit application window while visible everywhere else occurred after the computer switched to sleep automatically or I hibernated it and later reactivated it and UltraEdit was running on activation of sleep/hibernation when I remember correct.
      Best regards from an UC/UE/UES for Windows user from Austria

NewbieNewbie

20:20 - Jul 25#3

Wow, thanks Mofi. I never would have figured that out on my own. I'll make that change in Windows Settings and see if it works.